EtG Single Test Screen
EtG Single Test Screen Procedure:
- Remove the EtG Single Test Screen from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour.
- Hold the EtG Test Cartridges by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the EtG Single Test Screen procedure to verify proper test performance.